• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How old is everyone with an Eris?

19, first smart phone Ive had but my Eris has worked wonders for me really, yea still waiting on that damn update but besides the point some people just don't like smart phones because its either too complicated for them to work (I call lazy for not trying to learn) those people hate on us for having a smart phone like most of my friends do but i just laugh at them cause i know they wish they had one haha yea speed can be an issue for some younger generations i always looked for that quality in a phone but when you really can see all the cool shit you can do with this phone it doesn't matter it gets the job done well

Upvote 0
50. This is my second smart phone after the Blackberry Curve. I keep going back and forth about whether I like the BB or android better. Eris is fun, but is not as satisfactory as a phone. Blackberry definitely better for email. Plus - you can actually adjust the font size on the BB, just like you can on almost any dumb phone... something basic android needs desperately. I love technology and probably will upgrade my phone often.... even paying full price to do so. In fact, I may purchase an Incredible - not sure if I can wait until I'm eligible for an upgrade

Upvote 0
hahaa im 15....used to love my phone but lack of root keeps nagging me... :(
You can root it, unless you've went to 2.1 already.

50 here, Eris is my first smart phone and I'm happier than hell with it. Works great as a phone, no lag here at all. And I can find an app for anything I need/want. Size is perfect and touch screen is great.

Upvote 0
I'm 62.

This is my first smartphone. I got it the first day it was available. I went to look at the Moto Droid and didn't like the keyboard. I saw the Eris and really liked it.

I installed the first leak the day after it was available. Installed the second leak as well. No real problems with my phone. Battery runs down after lots of surfing, but then again so does a laptop. Show images doesn't work in gmail, but they are usually trying to sell something anyway.

I am still very happy with my phone.

Upvote 0
16 and i love my eris. Its my second smartphone i had a touch pro 2 pretty cool (mostly just keyboard)but didn't like winmobile so i sold it. I was waiting for an incredible until i saw this baby for a cent on amazon. To hard to turn down. i knew i was getting an outdated phone. But its cheap and with root,2.1, and SWYPE seems plenty good for me. :D

Upvote 0
I will be 34 this coming October. My daughter just tuned 14 this past February.
I am a HUGE gadget geek, all she wanted was a QWERTY keyboard.
She hates trackballs and touchcreens.
I've had PDAs since the Palm III.
This is not my first smartphone but it is my first Android phone and I am loving Android.
I don't really have too many complaints about the Eris. It does what I need and, unlike my old crackberry from years ago, doesn't require it's own special data service to function fully.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones