• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How old is everyone with an Eris?

I know that I'm older and wiser, but 34 isn't a ridiculous age is it? :p

As far as smartphones go, the Eris is my 3rd. Love what it can do and I look forward to the future.

When you're pretending to be a vampire, you tend to lie and say 15,000 or something when we really know it's a lot more than that.

You're 34? I thought you were like...40...

Well, we all learn something new today.

Upvote 0
41. Let's see, started with a Treo650> MotoQ> XV6700> Samsung i750?> Moved to Sprint Palm Centro> Samsung ACE> Back to Centro> Back on Verizon with a Curve> Storm> Droid and Eris combo. Didn't like the form factor of Droid so switched her the Eris. Ain't my first rodeo here. Yeah, Droids a little better performance wise, but the Eris has such a better form factor, performs much better and is way more versatile than most of the aforementioned products. BTW, those silly Blackberry Storms they were pushing a while back, good lordy, gotta be THE worst phone EVER if that's not too far OT. Good thing I got 4 lines. Upgrades every 6 months :cool:

Upvote 0
I am 17 years old...
Will be 18, August 24th :)

The eris is nowhere near my first smart phone

its cute but i've tolerated long as possible..
slow and has way too many quirks with it

I've noticed some comments about people complaining and ruining
people's experiences with the phone
My complaining was to vent frustration and to see if there we any fixes
and ppls complaining shouldn't make you feel like your experience is ruined

the eris is my second android phone(i had the droid)
and this phone would've been nice in early 2009...
oh wait it was...But it was called the Htc hero.
I've grown to tolerate and get used to it.

Upvote 0

There was a period of time where I was absolutely frustrated with the phone's lag and then the 2.1 BS. But now, the latter seems irrelevant, and promising...if you like bugs galore.

I was expecting too much out of the phone. Usually I get the latest and greatest to stay ahead of the pack and be well-off in the long-term until I have to buy again. The Eris was a fail for me for only that reason. It wasn't the best, but it was my fault for pinching pennies.

I'm fine with the phone now. Fixed all my issues with minor settings tweaks (some that aren't listed in the thread designed for them) and ATK. Believe it or not, leaving 3G on all the time (WiFi off all the time) has helped me, for some reason.

Smacky had no idea you were 20 lol
and for once, i agree completely with you :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones