• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How powerful?

Your question is open to interpretation. You will probably need to do some testing to get the answer.

There are two magnets in a Moto Mod. One is at the top and the other is at the bottom. If no Mot Mod is installed then there are no magnetic fields.

When the Moto Mod is not installed there are magnetic fields. When the Moto Mod is installed there are magnetic fields.

... Thom

Upvote 0
Your question is open to interpretation. You will probably need to do some testing to get the answer.

There are two magnets in a Moto Mod. One is at the top and the other is at the bottom. If no Mot Mod is installed then there are no magnetic fields.

When the Moto Mod is not installed there are magnetic fields. When the Moto Mod is installed there are magnetic fields.

... Thom
Okay... then why did it pick up my usb and hold it for a while? OR even why did it stick to my metal square beams underneath my desk? If there is no magnetic feilds explain why that occured?

Upvote 0
Do you have a Moto Mod attached or not? If you have one attached , which one is it?

Using a paperclip I tried ...

No Moto Mod - there was no field present

Recharger Moto Mod not attached - pick up paper clip
Recharger Moto Mod attached - pick up paper clip

Projector Moto Mod not attached - pick up paper clip - strong
Projector Moto Mod attached - there was no field present

Your description sounds like you may have exposed it to a strong magnetic field.

... Thom

Reactions: Milo Willamson
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones