1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How recover data from an LG G4 that won't boot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bob Onysko, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Bob Onysko

Bob Onysko Newbie

My old Verizon LG G4 won't boot anymore and is not repairable. So, I purchased a brand new LG G4 on eBay and, since I didn't back up my old LG G4 in the Verizon cloud, I need a way to retrieve all my data. BTW, I thought I was backing up to the Verizon cloud but I must have done something wrong since no backup exists. Can someone explain how to recover my data, please?

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Is the G4 completely dead, inoperable and won't do anything? If so, think your only chance would be a professional forensic data recovery service, where they try to read the internal flash storage directly. Extremely expensive.

3. lvt

lvt Android Expert

What a coincidence, my LG G4 also stopped starting up last week

This is the only thing it could show until the battery is depleted. IMAG0918.jpg

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

LG
    Life's not good™

5. lvt

lvt Android Expert

It was a good phone until some days ago.

Weird things started appearing after I decided to encrypt the phone. It worked well after that, but a couple of days later, while trying to restart the phone by holding the power button, I noticed that it shutdowns immediately instead of showing the power menu as usual.

I managed to power it up, it worked well for a couple of weeks, until the day it refuses to boot.

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sure it's not just a knackered battery?

LG
    Life, don't talk to me about life™

7. lvt

lvt Android Expert

No, definitely not the battery, the last battery is fairly new, I just bought it last years.

8. lvt

lvt Android Expert

I have no less than 4 batteries for this phone, I rotate them every 6 months so they are all in good condition.

IMAG0964.jpg

LG G4

The LG G4 was launched in 2015. It has a 5.5-inch IPS display and a 16MP camera with Laser Auto Focus and Color Spectrum Sensor. It has a 3,000 mAh removable battery and expandable storage. The G4 can be customized with 6 different leather back covers, and 3 different traditional back covers.