• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How safe is it to let swftkey know all your texting?

Although swiftkey has "access" to every thing u type(obviously), it isn't remembering them or sending them to their server(i assume). All apps have weird warnings before you install them. For example i don't know why such and such game needs access to my call history. As long as you are only installing things from the app store, you are ok for the most part.

Honestly I don't see the point of google even giving us these warnings when every app needs access to things that the average user like myself wouldn't think the app would need access to. So, what the hell, I just install the app and call it a day.

Upvote 0
The only thing that concers me about it is in the settings of the swftkey it learns what your typing to make you more effecent. Now im not worried about it much because if someone wants to know what i am saying to my wife hey thats more time they are going to need at the head DR. Its like being concerned that they (you know big brother lol) can turn on your camera and listen in when ever they want by accessing your phone

Upvote 0
The only thing that concers me about it is in the settings of the swftkey it learns what your typing to make you more effecent. Now im not worried about it much because if someone wants to know what i am saying to my wife hey thats more time they are going to need at the head DR. Its like being concerned that they (you know big brother lol) can turn on your camera and listen in when ever they want by accessing your phone

I would worry more about the fact that your mobile carrier sends and receives ALL your data and phone transmissions. ;)

Upvote 0
Jeez, forget the nanites they put in kraft dinner to spy on you, swiftkey must be stopped before SkyNet kills us all!

God, the paranoia is hitting insane highs nowadays. The guys from the 80's running around with tin foil hats would even call some people nowadays weird. Just assume everything you do that hooks up to the internet in any way, shape, or form (your computer, your phone, your tv if it has wifi) is sharing everything you're doing with someone, somewhere. Who cares.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones