1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How satisfied are you with your Atrix?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jedii, May 21, 2011.

?

Rate your satisfaction with your Atrix

Poll closed May 31, 2011.
  1. Best phone ever carried.

43 vote(s)
    69.4%
  2. No hurry to switch.

11 vote(s)
    17.7%
  3. Had better, had worse.

5 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. Hate it. Returned it.

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. Jedii

Jedii Android Expert

Just picked up my Atrix as my newest Android device. Curious how others are feeling about this device. Let me hear what everyone has to say!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JP_GXP

JP_GXP Member

So far it's my best phone. Previous similar phones, iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 (all 4 jailbroken), and rooted Captivate.

Got my eye on the Infuse, though... May need a second phone. :D

3. ultradroid

ultradroid So many android phones...

The Atrix does what I want it to, faster than any of my other android phones, the four inch high resolution screen is the perfect size for me and it has very good battery life. What's not to like?

-Mike

4. Jedii

Jedii Android Expert

I played with the Infuse all week (an associate of mine uses it). The phone is very nice, but unless you have Gorilla hands its way to big IMHO. And I would not spend that much money on a phone in 2011 that is not dual core. Just doesnt seem logical.

5. Jedii

Jedii Android Expert

I see your running the Ginger root. Any issues with that? Havent rooted mine yet b/c ive been in a hotel and just now getting back to my MacBook.

6. ultradroid

The only "problems" I've encountered were probably errors on my part. After the installation, I unplugged the cord to the charger BEFORE the phone had completely rebooted. When I got to the GingerBlur desktop (I was coming from GingerGrey), I found that I had no access to CWM Recovery and had lost the ability to sideload apps of Unknown Origin. For the first problem, I simply clicked on Install Recovery in the System Recovery app in the drawer. It reinstalled, and I was good to go. For the second problem (side-loading), I ended up downloading an app from the Market which was a one-click app which reinstalled the ability to install non-market apps.

As I said above, I think that both problems were caused by my pulling the plug on the charger *before* it had completed rebooting. Dumbness on my part, as I *know* better than to do something like that. All in all, GingerBlur v3.5 is a pretty good Atrix rom. :)

-Mike

Jedii likes this.
  7. Jedii

Jedii Android Expert

Cool cool. Im going to research the Atrix root options and probably root here in a few hours.

8. ultradroid

It may be an easier installation if you grab "non-market apps enabler" from the market first. It costs $1.69, but totally automates the enabling. Plus, it works on non-rooted phones too. It will enable you to install GingerBreak as a system app, and that is one click root.

HTH,

-Mike

9. Jedii

Jedii Android Expert

Its my business phone, so I may need to switch back to stock sometime. Is that easy to do on the Atrix? I've been out of the android world for a bit.....:/

10. JP_GXP

JP_GXP Member

I do have gorilla hands. :eek: :cool:

11. Jedii

Jedii Android Expert

Haha! Then you'll love it! LOL

12. JP_GXP

JP_GXP Member

I've played with it at the AT&T store, love the screen, but I don't wanna give the Atrix up for it.

13. Jedii

Jedii Android Expert

Yeah. I think of it as a great multimedia device (movies, youtube, netflix) because of the screen size, but i want POWER. Lol

14. moondrius

moondrius Android Enthusiast

I really liked the Atrix. My only complaints were the screens colors and the locked bootloader. I would have kept it but my phone never rang because atts network sucks in my area.

15. kilasix9

kilasix9 Android Enthusiast

It's the best phone I've ever owned and used. I wen't from a 3GS to a rooted Captivate. I'm more than happy with this phone and every week I learn or put something new on it that keeps things exciting lol.

16. brujoandroid

brujoandroid Lurker

i have had more cellphones than women(1),and still with her, and so many cells over the past x amount of years(1996-230x?)and so far the android os works for me best! the iphone 4 is and was nice, but i missed flash,altho' the mrs. swears it is tops, i could survive flashless, and smaller screen! im not harking on it, its just not fer me! the nexus one still impresses me although i have moved up in my honest opinion, to the Atrix, and it is fantastic! i can view it in the sun,its fast,larger screen, and pretty much compares close enough to the nexus that i dont feel leftout! my 9 yr old love my Android cuz he gets to see dragon ball z, and cartoonnetwork on it! my 15.6 year old is still tru to her ipod 4 ios that she refused an offer to get an Atrix wtf she is very serious by the by, and unlike father she is all AP courses! mindless drivel end, sorry fr the lack of, lack of content,composure and shiete like that! sincerely me.

17. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert

This is my second android and motorola phone. (I'm coming from a backflip). I have had my Atrix for a month now. I must say, I am very impressed with it and it is all that I hoped for. It took me almost a month to get it set up the way I wanted. Just with in the last week, I've noticed my battery charge lasting longer. The only thing that I'm having a problem with, is the Bank of America app not working since the last software update. (Which has nothing to do with the phone). It's fast, love the screen size and colors. Like the forum factor. Functionality is really good as well.

Even though I have a desktop computer, I actually use my Atrix more. I see myself looking for new ways to cutomizes my phone. I run 16 widgets, listen to either my CD collction or streaming music and surfing the net with no problem. Game play is fun too. Once they come out with more games, that can use the duel cores, it will be like playing a handheld portable game.

For me I really like the fact that I have a mini computer, radio, mp3 player, satellite radio, tv, GPS, digital camera and recorder all in one device.

18. log1c

log1c Android Enthusiast

I am enjoying this phone a lot, I am just hoping that there will be a lot of support and updates for this phone. I don't like when Phone companies forget about some phones and the support suffers for the community.

19. DroidBabe

DroidBabe Well-Known Member

I like it. But I feel something is missing. Oh yeah BBM. hehe:p This phone is AMAZING when it is rooted with GingerBlur. Oh how I love the ability to Sideload apps and the ability to use Amazon Apps. ;)

20. ayoo456

ayoo456 Newbie

Same for me except I had good service and the speaker is loud. Will get the Atrix again if the SGSII is too big

21. blauw5882

blauw5882 Lurker

"non-market apps enabler" states "root required" in the market description...can someone please tell me if this really works on non rooted phones or not? i dont want to pay for it if it wont work.

thanks

22. cregal121

cregal121 Newbie

crappy cell reception, wifi problems, random reboot have all left a very bad taste in my mouth with the atrix. those issues really take away how great this phone could have been for me.

23. MyD0j0

MyD0j0 Newbie

should've been another option. Since the phone was only released not too long ago and a lot of people are still picking up on it, the options are presumptive.

That said, my iphone was much more stable. I've had mine for a week, have not rooted or changed rom. The keyboard has flaked out a couple times doing a flicker dance. A couple other random quirks.

I love that the programs I would use the most, like gps mapping tools came stock as well as an office suite, dlna, etc. There are also better options for some programs I use most, I tried astrid with several of its plugins and already am impressed without having even looked at another task app. (I just wish it could be integrated into the calendar widget for side by side viewing of due dates and tasks! :p:p).

And of course, widgets at all are cool enough on their own! All in all, I'm sure some of the flaky things will improve as updates are pushed out.

Regards,

MyD0j0

24. andrews317

andrews317 Android Enthusiast

Hello people. I have a question. Can I open office documents using the laptop dock? Can I plug in pendrives on the usb ports and whats its content on the laptop?

25. Jedii

Jedii Android Expert

I have a dock at work. I'll check tomorrow and see if that works.

Motorola Atrix 4G Forum

The Motorola Atrix 4G release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1930mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews