• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How scratch resistant is the Captivate?

Anyways any suggestion which screen protector is good? and cheap? :D

No such thing as good and cheap.

You've got a nice phone, spend a few bucks and put _one_ high quality protector in place and let it do it's job. Cheap will bite you in the butt.

Here's what I use. After one year on my BlackBerry it's still as good as new, so clear you can't even tell it's there... and they are really tough.

Samsung Captivate ClearTouch Anti-Glare - Award winning anti-glare Samsung Captivate screen protector and enhancement

Upvote 0
I use the bodyglove case from AT&T and it has been great. It's pretty slim and you can barely tell that it adds a little bit of bulk to the phone. As far as the screen, I agree with previous posts. I don't see a point for a screen protector. I have yet to scratch the screen. However, it always goes in my front pocket with nothing else in it. I'd say get a case for it, and just be careful with it.

Upvote 0
I use the bodyglove case from AT&T and it has been great. It's pretty slim and you can barely tell that it adds a little bit of bulk to the phone. As far as the screen, I agree with previous posts. I don't see a point for a screen protector. I have yet to scratch the screen. However, it always goes in my front pocket with nothing else in it. I'd say get a case for it, and just be careful with it.

Or put a protector and no case and just be careful!

Or nothing at all and be careful.

Upvote 0
By that I meant, something which is good for it price. Thanks for the link :). I saw some good ones but all were above 20 bucks. I dont mind spending 20 dollars to protect my screen but was not sure which is better.

What I really like about Boxwave anti glare screen protectors is they are so clear you can't even tell it's there. As well as the fact you apply it dry & it easily goes on without air bubbles forming. After trying seven or eight different brands & just about giving up I found Boxwave.

Upvote 0
As far as the screen, I agree with previous posts. I don't see a point for a screen protector. I have yet to scratch the screen.

Like I said before: everyone says that... until their first scratch.

At which point, it's kind of hard to go back. You're now stuck with it.

Scratches are not hard to get and given enough time you will get one. This has already been proven with enough real world evidence. Just because you haven't gotten one yet doesn't mean you won't get one ever... your time just hasn't come yet. Why not have protection to avoid fate? It's easier (and far cheaper) to replace a scratched screen protector than a scratched screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones