• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How should handheld-wearable communication looks like

Bartson

Lurker
Feb 18, 2019
Hi,
I don't know how should communication between handheld and wearable looks like in general. I'm getting weather info through API and I don't know if should I do it through the handheld app and send this info via DataItem or just use the smartwatch to get this info on its own?

Wouldn't it be simpler to let the smartwatch and phone just communicate directly via Bluetooth vs another app as an unnecessary process?
I'm not sure if this is a relevant scenario but I have a BT car Stereo in which I can use a specialized Sony app vs just the Phone System and I find it less work or stress to just use the device's system.. Just a thought but I'm under the reasoning that the fewer background processes involved, the less resource it'll eat in the longrun. Just a thought and hope that helps

Last edited:
Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones