• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How should I sell my EVO V 4G, lose rom or keep rom

D

Deleted User

I have no use for my EVO V 4G since I got a HTC one. My EVO has 4EXT recovery and Soff just to get the attention from others. Now the main question is should it be sold with the custom rom or should I ship with the stock rom? If I ship with custom rom will it have issues activating?

I'd run the ruu on it to return it to stock. That way there will be no activation issues and no chance of the buyer unintentionally messing something up if they have never messed with a rooted phone. Keeps you from getting blamed for selling bad phone.

I guess you could offer it as a rooted phone if the buyer wants it. If so I'd at least put a sense rom on for activation. Make sure they see it work and explain your not liable if they screw it up

Upvote 0
I'd run the ruu on it to return it to stock. That way there will be no activation issues and no chance of the buyer unintentionally messing something up if they have never messed with a rooted phone. Keeps you from getting blamed for selling bad phone.

I guess you could offer it as a rooted phone if the buyer wants it. If so I'd at least put a sense rom on for activation. Make sure they see it work and explain your not liable if they screw it up

sell it stock.. the way HTC meant it to be and the new owner can do whatever they want with it on there own and cant blame you.

Agreed.

Upvote 0
Leave s-off. Run the RUU like suggested to return to stock. Considering all the work that goes into s-off, anyone that knows what s-off is will be happy it's already done. Honestly, any non-rooter will not even know what s-off means if they ever even access the bootloader.

Upvote 0
You should be fine leaving it s-off. I left mine that way when I sold it. They would still have to unlock bootloader to get anywhere.

Oh yeah I forgot about that since I've been using Eng 1.04 Hboot for the longest. In any case, no worries about leaving it S-OFF then.

Just for the record, after s-off, the bootloader never has to be unlocked. You can easily flash a custom recovery with a PG86IMG.zip and once you have recovery, you can flash away. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones