• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How some questions about Chevy's SS rom.

Mrdroid921

Android Expert
Nov 13, 2009
N CEE!
I am on Chevy's SS 5.2 rom, and I have a few questions. 1st is about brightness. I had the brightness all the way down, in hops to save battery, but my battery went down from 100 to 90 in no time. I looked to see what was using the battery the most, and it was the display at 58%, which I the screen has pretty much been off. How can I fix this so I don't lose so much battery?? Is automatic brightness the way to go, or is there any other settings I can change??

I am on Chevy's SS 5.2 rom, and I have a few questions. 1st is about brightness. I had the brightness all the way down, in hops to save battery, but my battery went down from 100 to 90 in no time. I looked to see what was using the battery the most, and it was the display at 58%, which I the screen has pretty much been off. How can I fix this so I don't lose so much battery?? Is automatic brightness the way to go, or is there any other settings I can change??
install his patches... [Patches] 5.2 - 03/28/11 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
oc to 900 max and 250 min... remove any extra apps that work in the background IE. chomp sms, weatherbug ect... and auto brightness... i found that chevy tools ran up alot of memory so i just made my customizations with it then deleted it with ti backup(i also think it fights with gb for priority)... when i need the app i just reinstall the apk which i pulled from the rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones