• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How soon will accessories likely be available?

There's a pink Otterbox? Hmmm I'd like to see that. I always do Seidio though and am getting a purple surface case already. I may swing by my Sprint store on the way to work just to see. I wish Seidio's Active case had the cutout for the phone's kickstand and didn't have it's own on there. But I still may try it too later on down the line cause the Active is my favorite.

With all the good LTEVO news today. I got giddy and out of curiosity went down to local Sprint store.

Android Forums Shout Out! LTEVO! - YouTube

Sorry, OG EVO's Pixie dust must be running out. Like a darn crap shoot when it works rofl.

anyway, Sprint got all the accessories in at my local sprint store and was just going show them.

Now BB where is that Email

Upvote 0
He said tomorrow 5/22 (Today). Yup and Sprint Rep did say "Defender" Otterbox. If you pick up two items. The 20% off is not a bad deal. I got the Media Link and Car Dock for $100 smack-a-roonies. :D I'm sure there's better deals out there. I got in, got out, and got it home :)

Saw your unbox vid, thanks for posting it! I have a couple questions I'm hoping you can answer.

Does the Car Dock come with a USB cable?

If not, do we need the special HTC USB cable to activate car mode or can we just use a regular USB cable b/c the cardock USB port triggers the car app on it's own?

Upvote 0
Pretty lame update if I may say so myself.. I am baffled as to why these things aren't in stores? It would be nice for people to be able to get a head start.. I know I'd like to go pick up the defender I put in hold ;)

P. S. Wahoooo for my 100th post :cool:

lol making me feel old and I only have 300 some posts. I liked the Defender for the Evo but it was a little big. I typically prefer the slimness of the phones and I have a feeling especially with this one since it's so slim.

Upvote 0
I just stopped by Best Buy to see if I could check out the cases they advertised in the weekend flyer. They had none on the shelves and the sales lady told me that they won't be releasing any accessories until the phone comes out. Guess I'll just buy a case online. Also, stopped by 5 and Below as they usually have cases for popular phones, but no luck their either.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
There's also proclip mounts that I actually might finally decide to go with because they have mounts specifically for your vehicle:
Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, Tablet, and Handheld Devices

I used to have a ProClip mount for my Treo and it was AWESOME!! The width was adjustable so I was still able to use it when I upgraded to the Hero. Then... I changed to the Shift, and HTC had changed the location of the micro USB port on the phone so I couldn't use the same holder anymore unless I put my phone in upside down, and then it just got really awkward, I was always afraid it might fall out. I bought the new ProClip holder made for the Shift and was disappointed because it wasn't adjustable like my old one had been, and even though I had a pretty thin case on my Shift, it wouldn't fit. I ended up buying some inexpensive generic mount on eBay that slides into my CD player and it works OK except (there's always some drawback when you buy generic stuff ;)) I have to be careful how it sits on the foam padding otherwise it just turns my volume down. The padding on the sides is in kind of a square O shape so as long as I situate the volume controls in the opening I'm in good shape. I'll have to see how my current mount works with the LTEvo or else I'll be looking for a new car mount.

If you consider the ProClip mount, be advised that it might not fit while it's in a case - unless they happen to make the holder for this phone adjustable.

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0
lol making me feel old and I only have 300 some posts. I liked the Defender for the Evo but it was a little big. I typically prefer the slimness of the phones and I have a feeling especially with this one since it's so slim.

Yeah I totally agree but in my line of work the defender is the only way to go Imo.. The only thing I hate is the built in screen protectors so I take it out and put a zagg on then put the defender on

Upvote 0
Otterbox is in some Sprint stores it's the commuter one I think it's called. I was in my Sprint store today they had a pink and white one I am gonna try cause it reminds me of the Seidio Active case with the 2 parts but I also bought the car dock cause I had one for my EVO 3D. I got 20% off for buying 2 accessories but this won't fit on the car dock but my purple Seidio surface case should cause it did on my 3D dock. I may return this case but I love pink so I may just have two cases. Now to check on screen protectors.

Upvote 0
Otterbox is in some Sprint stores it's the commuter one I think it's called. I was in my Sprint store today they had a pink and white one I am gonna try cause it reminds me of the Seidio Active case with the 2 parts but I also bought the car dock cause I had one for my EVO 3D. I got 20% off for buying 2 accessories but this won't fit on the car dock but my purple Seidio surface case should cause it did on my 3D dock. I may return this case but I love pink so I may just have two cases. Now to check on screen protectors.

I checked a couple Best Buys in my area for the Otterbox Commuter, no luck. I ended up ordering a black commuter case via Amazon. The vendor at the time stated that they had it in stock.

Upvote 0
I remember last year I was gonna get this one case from Sprint and we tried it with my phone and the dock and it didn't fit but I forgot which brand. Of course I don't have the phone yet but someone at my work said they doubt it will fit cause of the 2 parts but my Seidio Active didn't fit and this is similar. But I still like it and it's pink so I'll use it too maybe. Just have to see how it feels and looks once I get the phone.

Right now I use my gf's mount to her garmin... It works with the otterbox on almost like it was made for it.... I didn't think about it not working with the case..maybe ill just stick with that.. And yeah must be the commuter bc the defender doesn't come in link.. Yet

Reactions: 3vodroid
Upvote 0
Amazon is showing a delivery date of between May 31-June 17.
If I don't get it soon, I'm probably going to cancel and order something other than the Defender. That's just too long to wait without a case for me.

I don't understand why they haven't released them-- even if the phones aren't on the floor or whatever, it's not like it's going to cause them to sell less.

Upvote 0
I've purchased stuff from a discount website called justdeals.com. They have an alternate site called justamazingdeals.com and look what they had for today's featured deal!

http://www.justamazingdeals.com/?did=14631&rf=546176

Just like other deal sites, it's likely today only and if you're too lazy to click the link it's the HTC iBeats by Dre earbuds! $38.99

Upvote 0
I've purchased stuff from a discount website called justdeals.com. They have an alternate site called justamazingdeals.com and look what they had for today's featured deal!

JustAmazingDeals

Just like other deal sites, it's likely today only and if you're too lazy to click the link it's the HTC iBeats by Dre earbuds! $38.99

I purchased a pair yesterday as well saw it off Woot. I figured at that price it is worth it to give beats a try I am sure they will be just as good or better than any other ear buds at that price.

Upvote 0
The one I bought from Sprint yesterday says Commuter on it. It's pink and white but I think they had black. I know Mobile city had it cheaper but no date availability so I went ahead and got it from Sprint cause I was getting a car dock and i saved 20%.

So now that the phones are shipping, I do hope Otter Box released their Commuter series.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones