1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How take a screenshot on Android device

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Pavel_47, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Pavel_47

Pavel_47 Lurker

Hello,

It's about 1 hour I'm looking for some method to take a screenshot on my tablet running Android 6.0.
    The 1st thing I tried (press and keep "Power" and "Sound down" for 2 seconds) doesn't work.
    Then I tried two application, installed from Google Play. They ask for permission, and when I click Ok, "settings" opens (curiously on WiFi page). Then I go to "applications" and give (rather try to give) permission to the screenshot application. Doesn't work ! When I rerun this application, the story repeats.

Thanks in advance.

Pavel.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

it really depends on what device you have. the screenshot feature are not all the same on every device. it will depend on the manufacturer.

Mikestony likes this.
  3. Pavel_47

Pavel_47 Lurker

If I know device, then only Google search (this could take quite a lot of time) ... or there are other solutions ?

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

go into the settings and look for "about device" or something like that. it should at least give you a model number that might help narrow the search.

Mikestony likes this.
  5. James_Watson

James_Watson Android Enthusiast

For my Android device, I just Knock twice on the screen with a single knuckle, and then a screenshot will appear.

puppykickr likes this.
  6. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Sweet.
    But I don't want unwanted screenshots, and I am sure I would get many with that.

7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Are you using a Huawei device?

James_Watson likes this.
  8. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

There are a lot of proprietary methods for different manufacturers for screenshots, but for any compliant Android version, simultaneously pressing volume down and power (sound down and power) should work. It is more timing them to be pressed together, not holding them for 2 seconds though. This has worked for me since at least android 4 (Galaxy Nexus).

ocnbrze and mikedt like this.
  9. James_Watson

Yes, you are right. :D

ocnbrze and mikedt like this.
  10. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I kind of got used to the Huawei EMUI knuckle gestures, like swipe knuckle across the screen to obtain split-screen mode. Which are not present on my new Samsung of course. But the new phone it's just press volume-down+power to take a screen-shot.

#11 mikedt, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    James_Watson likes this.
  11. James_Watson

Okay. The 'Volume-down + Power' key works for Huawei phones, too.

Unforgiven and mikedt like this.
  12. Pavel_47

Pavel_47 Lurker

The model is: Samsung Galaxy Tab SM-T700.
    'Volume-down + Power' doesn't work for it.
    What next ?