• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How the frak do I root this horrible little phone?

I just got Verizon, and for one of my lines I got a Moto Citrus for free. I am using old hardware on that line, so the Citrus isn't even on an active line, but I am trying to get comfortable with Android for the sake of curiosity.

I checked out the SuperOneClick method, and after unmounting the SD card and popping it into debugging mode I just found myself staring at the SOC window while it was waiting for device. Should I be waiting for more than 30 minutes?

Then I tried searching for z4root in the Market, to no avail (there were 4 options: Non-market apps enabler, MacAddressFree, Angry Ad Removal and MacAddress), and have no idea how to install/use z4root.1.3.0.apk.

Any help would be awesome. I'm technically competent, but everything is just leading to dead ends (searching AM for z4root) and non-responsive programs (SuperOneClick), or posts filled with acronyms that make no sense to somebody from outside the Android rooting community, rendering them meaningless to me. Thanks.

In the 2nd post of the z4root sticky thread in this section has a link to the z4root. You can download the apk file, then copy it to your sdcard (memory card). Then use astro file manager (you can download it from market) to navigate to the lie to install it. Once installed, run the app and wait about 5minutes and you will be rooted.

Also here is the link to the post on XDA where you can download the application, apk, file [APP] z4root - xda-developers actually, if you download it using your phone, as soon as it downloads, pull down the notification bar, select the file and it should install without using astro.:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones