• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How the heck did you guys do it?

I don't know about the month free, but there is no reason to activate your phone from a store or place. Activation is free if you just log into your My Verizon website. Just select your phone, select Activate, and then put the new serial number in and your all set. The whole process takes 5 minutes. I thought I had to activate my phone from a store, but when I couldn't do it there, I just came home and signed on to My Verizon and followed the steps.

Upvote 0
How the heck did u guys make verizon wireless customer support give you a month free of your payment or waive your installation fee, i called today threatening to quit yet they didn't offer me anything special.

Free month? People are getting a free month just cause they got Incredible?

As for threatening to cancel, as I used to do Sprint customer service, and you hear this all day. And you quickly pick up on the people who are bsing you, and when I got that feeling I usually didn't help at all. Its a better approach to just be nice and logical cause technically its a valid charge, so if your demanding and giving off a feeling that you are entitled to have it waived your probably not going to get anything but negative notes put on your account about how your fishing for credits, irate, or a continuous caller.

Upvote 0
i got 25 dollars off, just called and said some people on forums were talking about some promotional discounts and i told them i figured "why dont i call and ask" CSR was polite, offered me 25 dollar credit, i thanked him and hung up. Not going on vacation with the money i saved but this day in age i'll take what i can get.
My 2 cents

Upvote 0
I upgraded to the Blackberry Tour in September 2009 and have since realized what a useless phone it is, so after telling the CSR that I was thinking of taking our 4 line family plan to AT&T because of how much I loathe my Blackberry, he offered me an upgrade to the Incredible for the $199 online price. After I mentioned the long backorder and how my friends (read: people on online forums) had gotten promotional credits for the wait time, he spoke with his supervisor who agreed to credit our calling plan ($90/month) for one month when the phone came in and was activated!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones