• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How the hell is this phone still not in stock anywhere?

Just my $0.02...I was waiting until I could actually see/hold/use this phone before buying one sight unseen. I have now been to at least 6 Verizon stores or resellers in a 120 mile radius and have found zero in stock. I have not gone out of my way to find one, just happened to be at a store for another reason, went by a shop in a mall, etc. I have not called around to locate one, but it does seem that central Kansas did not have the inventory at most major stores to keep up with demand. As a result, I will probably be going to wirefly to order and wait on one now that I have seen them up close.

To everyone else...happy hunting!

Upvote 0
I was thinking the same thing.

They admitted there is a signal issue already which i do not seem to have and some people are having battery issues as well. Maybe there are trying to get the issues strightened out before they sell anymore.

I'm sorry, i have to call this FUD.

There isn't a signal issue, at least outside of a very limited area PRL issue which, to my knowledge, has been resolved.

The low signal strength indicator is a falsely low reading. My signal strength is quite good, but the number of bars i see is 0-2. Comparing side by side with other verizon smartphones(Touch Pro 2, Blackberry Storm 2) I get equal signal strength but the shown bars is 0-2 on the Incredible vs 2-4 on the other phones.

Battery issues have been shown time and time again to be poorly written apps that don't sleep properly and suck down battery OR people using task killers to improperly kill processes that then need to start back up and drain battery OR people have their sync rates turned to 15 min on lots of widgets which never lets the phone sleep.

I just went 2 days and 14 hrs without charging on my stock battery HTC Incredible and did 2 hrs of calling, ~4 hrs of websurfing, 100ish emails via push gmail, a bit of playing with Google Earth and 25 camera shots(no flash)

I can't ask for much better battery life than that.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, i have to call this FUD.

There isn't a signal issue, at least outside of a very limited area PRL issue which, to my knowledge, has been resolved.

The low signal strength indicator is a falsely low reading. My signal strength is quite good, but the number of bars i see is 0-2. Comparing side by side with other verizon smartphones(Touch Pro 2, Blackberry Storm 2) I get equal signal strength but the shown bars is 0-2 on the Incredible vs 2-4 on the other phones.

Battery issues have been shown time and time again to be poorly written apps that don't sleep properly and suck down battery OR people using task killers to improperly kill processes that then need to start back up and drain battery OR people have their sync rates turned to 15 min on lots of widgets which never lets the phone sleep.

I just went 2 days and 14 hrs without charging on my stock battery HTC Incredible and did 2 hrs of calling, ~4 hrs of websurfing, 100ish emails via push gmail, a bit of playing with Google Earth and 25 camera shots(no flash)

I can't ask for much better battery life than that.

Call it what you want, there have been multiple people that posted their e-mails directly from htc stating that they are working on a fix for it. I don

Upvote 0
As I reported earlier the phone is on a "quality hold" for a few weeks. They are fixing something and not shipping until the inventory at hand has been re worked. Not sure if its software or hardware related. All new shipments from HTC will have the fix in place already and go right out to stores. Take this to the bank. You should see the flood gates open in a week or two I would think once production ramps up again.

Upvote 0
As I reported earlier the phone is on a "quality hold" for a few weeks. They are fixing something and not shipping until the inventory at hand has been re worked. Not sure if its software or hardware related. All new shipments from HTC will have the fix in place already and go right out to stores. Take this to the bank. You should see the flood gates open in a week or two I would think once production ramps up again.

Then how come 2 people in another thread reported getting shipping notices today.

Nice try.

Upvote 0
Then how come 2 people in another thread reported getting shipping notices today.

Nice try.

Did they order direct from Verizon or a 3rd party with old stock? New stock shipped from HTC will have the fix in place but Verizon stores will get them first im sure. Im told the revised units will have some sort of "watermark" in the battery compartment. Maybe a stamping code or sticker of some sort.

Upvote 0
The thing that I don't understand is there was no allocation allowed by VZW for people who have defective devices. Like none, zero, zilch. Right now you have some pretty pissed off customers who are having to wait weeks for a replacement.

Well I don't think they allowed for the little "fix" glitch that happened at HTC hence the lack of product to sell or exchange. Im sure by June first the product will be free flowing again and better than ever. ;)

Upvote 0
Laugh all you want but I did pre-order and did get it on the launch day and was happy until mine decided to quite taking a charge. Now I'm stuck like the rest with a month or more wait time for this thing. :mad:

LOL. I just have to laugh. Expecially at those who did not take the time to preorder it. I warned people that it was going to be in high demand due to the nexus one not coming to verizon and that in itself created a huge demand for the phone. It was rumored they had 250,000 in the warehouse when it launched. I dont think there is anything more they could have done to build stock before launch, its just the nature of the beast. Its better to sell out vs not sell many at all. I know the other carriers would love to have verizons problems right now ;)

Upvote 0
Well I don't think they allowed for the little "fix" glitch that happened at HTC hence the lack of product to sell or exchange. Im sure by June first the product will be free flowing again. ;)
My replacement was ordered May 8th. I was told a shipping date of May 31st, which just happens to be a holiday. LOL

I hope the glitch they fixed was the signal issue, cause thats why mine is being replaced.

Upvote 0
Tell me about it. I asked for a regular droid as a temp replacement and they acted like I wanted to borrow their car for a week. They wanted to charge me a $35 restock fee twice. I asked how that could be since I was only borrowing it once.

I hate cell companies. They are on par with credit card and insurance outfits. They act like they are doing YOU a favor by allowing you to purchase their service.

The thing that I don't understand is there was no allocation allowed by VZW for people who have defective devices. Like none, zero, zilch. Right now you have some pretty pissed off customers who are having to wait weeks for a replacement.

Upvote 0
Tell me about it. I asked for a regular droid as a temp replacement and they acted like I wanted to borrow their car for a week. They wanted to charge me a $35 restock fee twice. I asked how that could be since I was only borrowing it once.

I hate cell companies. They are on par with credit card and insurance outfits. They act like they are doing YOU a favor by allowing you to purchase their service.

Verizon is indeed the worst I have encountered as far as customer relations are concerned. They are very inconsistent. Even just between local stores!

Upvote 0
I just talked with VZW about my replacement. According to them, based on the manufacture's info, it depends on when your device was ordered.

Orders placed on May 13th, which mine was, will ship on the 28th. However, if HTC is unable to ship the required amount, that date will change. Not under the control of VZW.

Best case scenario, if HTC does their thing and ships the phones, you will get it when it when they said.

Upvote 0
Bought a black silicon case for my Inc at a local VZW corporate store at lunch today. Manager said they were just told in a conference call that the expected time frame is now mid-June and that HTC is at fault for not making enough. Intitial channel fill never happened and they were behind out of the gate.

On a side note, the case is nice, but of course adds some width. I would hate to think about the EVO/HD2 with one of these- awkward for one hand operation unless real big hands, considering the HD2 I tried was already awkward for one hand use.

Reactions: zanza
Upvote 0
Did they order direct from Verizon or a 3rd party with old stock? New stock shipped from HTC will have the fix in place but Verizon stores will get them first im sure. Im told the revised units will have some sort of "watermark" in the battery compartment. Maybe a stamping code or sticker of some sort.

Direct.

See here
http://androidforums.com/htc-incred...ceived-phone-vs-verizon-will-ship-date-7.html

Three (edit: 4) people in this thread have reported shipping notification today.

I think their orders were between 5/7 and 5/10.

How's that fit in your theory?

Upvote 0
Direct.

See here
http://androidforums.com/htc-incred...ceived-phone-vs-verizon-will-ship-date-7.html

Three (edit: 4) people in this thread have reported shipping notification today.

I think their orders were between 5/7 and 5/10.

How's that fit in your theory?

Not a theory but fact. They are upgrading what stock they had in inventory before the hold to ship was instituted. I'm sure they are shipping as soon as repairs/upgrades are made to each handset already in Verizons inventory. You will see some shipping but not very quickly. I would much rather wait and get a better phone its worth it IMO. Its good HTC did this so quickly no one wants a wonky junk handset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones