• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How the hell is this phone still not in stock anywhere?

If you don't want to hear the truth so be it. Again its only a phone. Next year it will be old out dated news anyway.

Take this for what it is worth, but people are jumping on you because you are making statements as fact with no documentation. When you make claims (that nobody else has heard) with no substantiation it sounds made up!

What I agree with you on is that I for one definitely would wait for a device that I knew was going to be in good working condition over getting it a week or two sooner!

Again, right or wrong, when you make statements as fact I would accompany it by a link to where you learned this information. ;)

Reactions: gnahce
Upvote 0
Take this for what it is worth, but people are jumping on you because you are making statements as fact with no documentation. When you make claims (that nobody else has heard) with no substantiation it sounds made up!

What I agree with you on is that I for one definitely would wait for a device that I knew was going to be in good working condition over getting it a week or two sooner!

Again, right or wrong, when you make statements as fact I would accompany it by a link to where you learned this information. ;)

+1.

It may be a loophole in the system to make claims with no substantiation - but that doesn't make it okay.

Once we see documentation from reputable sources, then we will believe.

But for record. They are simply short on parts due to high demand and the other phones rolling out at the same time. Plain and simple.

That is the truth.

Reactions: jayjay1122
Upvote 0
If you don't want to hear the truth so be it. Again its only a phone. Next year it will be old out dated news anyway.
Jeez. As a new poster, even I am smart enough to know that if you are going to make claims like that, you have to at least provide a link with the information to back it up. Otherwise, you look like a dork. If you have info that says its a bad part issue, then provide it. If you don't, then don't pull information out of your ass to try to make yourself look good. It doesn't work.

Upvote 0
Jeez. As a new poster, even I am smart enough to know that if you are going to make claims like that, you have to at least provide a link with the information to back it up. Otherwise, you look like a dork. If you have info that says its a bad part issue, then provide it. If you don't, then don't pull information out of your ass to try to make yourself look good. It doesn't work.

I don't care how I look, just thought you folks would like the real truth not some spin doctoring being done by Verizon and HTC. As the revised hardware starts dribbling in you will notice a lot less bitching and moaning about battery drain and signal issues. Thats all I have to say.

Upvote 0
I don't care how I look, just thought you folks would like the real truth not some spin doctoring being done by Verizon and HTC. As the revised hardware starts dribbling in you will notice a lot less bitching and moaning about battery drain and signal issues. Thats all I have to say.

I'm sure you have the best intentions in mind (to inform us)...
But what everyone wants to know is, is how you got your information?

Upvote 0

When someone asked you where you got your source you said HTC.

Now HTC is the bad guy?

You keep changing your story without any backup, evidence, or sources.

It's just stuff you are making up since you are switching to the EVO.

We aren't that gullable.

As for battery drain - that has nothing to do with hardware. I get 20+ hours on my stock battery. Everything has been great.

You aren't helping your situation.

Upvote 0
Let's put this to bed:

As I reported earlier the phone is on a "quality hold" for a few weeks. They are fixing something and not shipping until the inventory at hand has been re worked. Not sure if its software or hardware related. All new shipments from HTC will have the fix in place already and go right out to stores. Take this to the bank. You should see the flood gates open in a week or two I would think once production ramps up again.

Link to your "report". I'd like to examine this post.

This was about your source. Who at HTC, what is their name, title, department, etc. Which HTC location?

Did they order direct from Verizon or a 3rd party with old stock? New stock shipped from HTC will have the fix in place but Verizon stores will get them first im sure. Im told the revised units will have some sort of "watermark" in the battery compartment. Maybe a stamping code or sticker of some sort.

You were told by who? There are already posts above about current shipments being reported from Verizon directly.

Well I don't think they allowed for the little "fix" glitch that happened at HTC hence the lack of product to sell or exchange. Im sure by June first the product will be free flowing again and better than ever. ;)

Again, FUD, or please answer the question I presented above about your source.

Verizon is indeed the worst I have encountered as far as customer relations are concerned. They are very inconsistent. Even just between local stores!

What does this have to do with the phone being in stock? Is there another motive that we don't know about?

Not a theory but fact. They are upgrading what stock they had in inventory before the hold to ship was instituted. I'm sure they are shipping as soon as repairs/upgrades are made to each handset already in Verizons inventory. You will see some shipping but not very quickly. I would much rather wait and get a better phone its worth it IMO. Its good HTC did this so quickly no one wants a wonky junk handset.

Again, Post your specific source, or you are just spreading FUD.

Yes good parts replacing bad parts. This is why they are held up.

Again....

Again....

If you don't care, then why post? You have opened the doors, and we demand your specific source (see above).

Upvote 0
lmao @ syntrix

Its well known why there is a shortage. There is nothing wrong with the phone. But hey if you want to blame 1 guy who is trying to be an attention getter than go ahead.
LOL, we even have statements from companies stating why.

This is why I want to make sure that we can clearly identify someone's "source", or make sure that everyone realizes it's FUD. If it's not controlled now, he's going to get worse. I'm not attacking, I'm asking for specific information that he is talking about :D

Upvote 0

If HTC is spin doctoring, then how can HTC be your source as well? :thinking:

Reactions: jamor
Upvote 0
For what it's worth, it seems every time a new phone comes out there is one or two people in forums claiming that delays in shipping are due to either the phone having to be recalled for some issue or replaced/fixed, etc.

I saw it with the iPhone 3G, 3GS, Palm Pre, Sprint Hero and now Incredible. In every case, it was learned that wasn't the case.

This guy is trying to justify to himself why he doesn't have an Incredible. I've had mine since 4/29 with ZERO issues - signal, battery or otherwise. It's been running for 10 days straight now without a single reboot or hiccup.

There is NOTHING wrong with the phone :)

Reactions: rabernet
Upvote 0
It appears that they are starting to ship out so let’s all calm down :)

If you look at the thread below people are getting shipping notifications

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/75303-date-you-ordered-received-phone-vs-verizon-will-ship-date.html

As far as there being NOTHING wrong with the phone I would not say that. It may not be the reason for the back log on the phone but it has been confirmed by HTC that there is a signal issue and they are working on it. Personally I don’t have the signal issue but just because I don't have it I am not running around telling people that it’s all in their head. If enough people say they have the issue and HTC confirmed it I would probably guess that there is an issue.

Now we just need HTC to give us an explanation on why the battery doesn’t charge all the way when the phone is on. Maybe it’s by design but I would like to hear from them directly as none of my other phones had this issue. Maybe it was a design choice they made for some reason.

Upvote 0
It appears that they are starting to ship out so let’s all calm down :)

If you look at the thread below people are getting shipping notifications

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/75303-date-you-ordered-received-phone-vs-verizon-will-ship-date.html

As far as there being NOTHING wrong with the phone I would not say that. It may not be the reason for the back log on the phone but it has been confirmed by HTC that there is a signal issue and they are working on it. Personally I don’t have the signal issue but just because I don't have it I am not running around telling people that it’s all in their head. If enough people say they have the issue and HTC confirmed it I would probably guess that there is an issue.

Now we just need HTC to give us an explanation on why the battery doesn’t charge all the way when the phone is on. Maybe it’s by design but I would like to hear from them directly as none of my other phones had this issue. Maybe it was a design choice they made for some reason.

Yes, there are minor problems like every phone in existence. What I meant to say there's nothing wrong with it that would result in it being held or fixed before shipping.

Upvote 0
But Bettermost already covered that by changing his story to say now that they are fixing stock and sending them out as each one is fixed....lol

Go back to my first post and read them through. The part where I say a quality hold was put on remaining inventory so it could be updated. As they update they are shipping them out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones