1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How to access phone (Wallet app) with broken screen

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Jolsa, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Jolsa

Jolsa Lurker
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    Hi,
    hit my left leg on a barrier as I was cycling home yesterday - right where my Orange San Francisco was. Result - cracked screen, now showing green and purple lines.

I have the Wallet app containing various passwords that I can't access (didn't get round to syncing with dropbox) :(

Phone still powers on, but I can't see what I'm doing or even if touching the screen is creating a response.

AFAIK I can use Lookout to restore to a new handset (which is on the way), assume if I upgrade to pro this will include text messages. Would Lookout restore my Wallet app settings?

Contacts are synced with Google, apps with App Brain, so these are retrievable... but any ideas with the Wallet app?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Slovak

Slovak Member
    None

Nov 20, 2009
    If the app is on your sd card, or the passwords are saved there from the app itself, hook your phone up to your pc/laptop and access them that way.

3. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    The data could be on the card, true. But i'm guessing if it's a password protector app, then the data is most likely encrypted. It wouldnt make much sense to have a password protector app and not encrypt the data.

4. Jolsa

Jolsa Lurker
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    Certainly encrypted yes, it doesn't look as though Lookout does anything other than backup contacts, photos and calls, so it isn't looking promising.

All I need is for a way to connect the phone up so that I can see the user interface on an alternative screen?

5. drewcam888

drewcam888 Guest
    None
    Unless you installed an app previously so share the screen then you really have no options that I know of.