• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to activate an unserviced Fascinate

ash1228

Lurker
Apr 29, 2012
I had Verizon about a year ago and I still have my Samsung Fascinate. Since it doesn't have service, I would still be able to use the games on there along with my WiFi. It's been months since I have used it so I charged it so I could download Angry Birds so my son could use that instead of my iPad. Well, I factory restored my phone, not knowing what it would actually do and now it says I need to activate my phone. It gives me the option for Emergency Call or press Send to activate. How can I bypass this to get back into the home screen so I can use it again for the WiFi and games?

On the screen with the option to acivate / place emergency call, tap the four corners of the black area around the little green dude starting in the top left corner.

Top Left --> Top Right --> Bottom Right --> Bottom Left

This works for many android device. There is another method, but I don't know it off the top of my head. Let me know if this works, if not, I'll try and find the other method.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones