1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to Activate 'Scan & Match' in Google Music???

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Osensnolf, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Osensnolf

Osensnolf Member

Yesterday I downloaded Google Music Manager after hearing that there is now a scan and match feature. My upload is only .43Mbs (fastest available) so uploading my 8000+ songs is not something I want to do.

I installed the Manager but it does not scan and match. Instead, it is trying to upload each song.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I don't know where you're located OP, but I believe the feature is currently geofenced, and restricted to U.S. now, and I believe it's also in Europe, though I don't know where.

3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

I'm pretty sure that it is restricted to US only.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Well from what I've read, it says that Europe got it ahead of us

5. Osensnolf

Osensnolf Member

I am in the US and use a US IP (no VPN).

Has anyone been able to get this to work?

When they say "almost instant", I assume that it is less than one minute per song. Correct?

6. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Android Expert

Nope, for once this one is is NOT allowed in the US. Yet.

7. Osensnolf

Osensnolf Member

Yes, this feature is available and that is why I am trying to get it to work.

From Google
    Google Play

Dec 18, 2012 - Public
    Traveling this season and want to make sure your music goes with you? Add up to 20,000 songs from your music collection to Google Play and stream it to your Android devices and your computer, anywhere you go.

Our new music matching feature gets your songs into your online music library on Google Play much faster. We’ll scan your collection and quickly rebuild it in the cloud - all for free. And we’ll stream your music back to you at up to 320 kbps.

This feature is live today for people in the US, following our European launch last month. Check it out: http://goo.gl/Hehq6! It’ll be music to your ears.

8. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

I followed the instructions and downloaded Music Manager (from http://goo.gl/Hehq6 )and it seems to want to upload the files. I've checked every option in Music Manager and none seem to have a "scan and match" feature.

9. indianajonze

indianajonze Well-Known Member

same here. i've been using google music since launch and uploaded about 5k songs. still have 13k to go and was expecting them to be matched overnight. no dice. i uninstalled music manager and reinstalled, erased the folder pointers and redid it. no dice. i have no idea what the hell is going on, but scan and match is NOT working for me...