• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to Activate Verizon Galaxy Tab

Moviecouple

Nov 10, 2009
Not sure if this has been discussed, but I will throw it out there. I went to use the Galaxy Tab that I got and bought if Off-Contract. Don't have a plan at all with Verizon. When you first turn it on it asks to Activate. It will always fail if you do not have service. I think that is why I see some people buying a months worth of data, but am not 100% sure.

Well... I figured out how to Activate it without messing with Verizon.

Here it is... On the Volume rocker on the right side... hit up ONCE, down TWICE, up THREE times, and lastly down FOUR time. It will then ask if you want to bypass activation. At that point your into Setup and then the home screen.

Not sure if this has been discussed, but I will throw it out there. I went to use the Galaxy Tab that I got and bought if Off-Contract. Don't have a plan at all with Verizon. When you first turn it on it asks to Activate. It will always fail if you do not have service. I think that is why I see some people buying a months worth of data, but am not 100% sure.

Here it is... On the Volume rocker on the right side... hit up ONCE, down TWICE, up THREE times, and lastly down FOUR time. It will then ask if you want to bypass activation. At that point your into Setup and then the home screen.

Good one for the Tips and Tricks sub-forum, moviecouple. ;)

Upvote 0
Ok folks,

I just figured this out. If you have bought a Verizon Galaxy tab 10.1 4G LTE without a contract and don't have a micro SIM, you must be pretty annoyed that it won't go past the SIM failure screen!!

Leave the error message on your screen and follow these simple steps and your in business:

Touch the top left corner, then top right corner, then bottom left (just above the android controls, and then bottom right (above the status tray) and last volume UP once.

You need to do this is quick sequence and you'll see the Welcome screen.

That's it!!!! You can use Wi-Fi only and not have to settle for a Wi-Fi only version in case you want mobile 4G service later.:cool:

Enjoy your new Samsung Tab from Verizon!!!!!!!!

Reactions: bigboi3000
Upvote 0
no, didnt work either of those? do you touch all at 4 corners at the same time? i tried and tried.. doesnt make sense how it would work..help please

Leave the error message on your screen and follow these simple steps and your in business:

Touch the top left corner, then top right corner, then bottom left (just above the android controls, and then bottom right (above the status tray) and last volume UP once.

Upvote 0
Badboy_996 Dude... I love you man!

I have the Verizon SGT 10.1" 32GB

Here's how I did it... when the tab is powered on it was trying to connect, after it failed to connect I did the trick mentioned below (one corner at a time) and then hit the volume Up once and I'm in!!!

Worked for me!!!:D:D:D:D So F* to Verizon byatch!!!!

That's it!!!! You can use Wi-Fi only and not have to settle for a Wi-Fi only version in case you want mobile 4G service later.:cool:

Upvote 0
How do you bypass on a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" with a cancelled contract? Please help had to master reset and now can't get past the activation screen which just fails. The method of up...down...down...up...up...up...down...down...down...down DOES NOT WORK AT ALL...

well after 2days of missing around with my tab I figured out by myself how to bypass reactivation. I simply tapped the home button after powering on the tab...then once the slide button popped up to unlock the screen I began to continuously tap the homescreen icon until the loaded icon page appeared and stayed. My tab was on a contract that was canceled so maybe that's the reason the method given to bypass activation did't work.

Upvote 0
Ok folks,

I just figured this out. If you have bought a Verizon Galaxy tab 10.1 4G LTE without a contract and don't have a micro SIM, you must be pretty annoyed that it won't go past the SIM failure screen!!

This worked great for me, and now that I have figured out how it works I am thinking about activating the Verizon 4G LTE service, how do I go back and re-activate it?

Upvote 0
How the HELL did you figure that out! I just dug my samsung tab out of the closet, and they were going to charge me $35 bucks to activate it again. **** Verizon. And all these people talk about corporations need to have your best interests in mind... how is charging me $35 to use the device for wi-fi keeping my best interests in mind. Stickin it to the man

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones