• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to add a photo to contact list but not from syncing

krystak04

Jul 19, 2010
OK, i dont know how to, but for the life of me iv tried every possible way to add a photo from my gallery to some of my friends on my contact list but it wont let me theirs just no clean cut way that i can see, so if someone know how to please let me know, i tried syncing it with my facebook but half my friend have wrong numbers and its getting farking annoying.

Here is how I have done it. I already had a Contact set up and had a Picture I wanted to use. You go to "Gallery" and get Picture you want to use. Go to "Menu" and then "More" then "Set as". Select "Contact Icon" then scroll though your Contacts until you find the one you want.

Or you can do it from editing the contact first.

Long-hold on the contact in the list and choose "Edit", or while looking at a specific contact, press Menu -> Edit.

Press the blank photo, then choose "Album" to select from the gallery, or "Take photo" to take a new photo right then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones