• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to add new Words in T9 Dictionary??

Have a look at touch input settings under language and keyboard in the settings, you can manually add words under there or replay the typing tutorial.

If you want to add words when using T9, just hit the down arrow shown next to where it suggests words and you'll see 'add word' there too.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Have a look at touch input settings under language and keyboard in the settings, you can manually add words under there or replay the typing tutorial.

If you want to add words when using T9, just hit the down arrow shown next to where it suggests words and you'll see 'add word' there too.

Hope that helps.

Checked under language and keyboard settings, cannot find manual add words function. The typing tutorial ends with asking to press "exit keyboard". Never show anything about adding words.

Check keyboard. When i typed KTV, and i pressed down arrow, it suggested many other words. But do not see "Add word" function.

I'm beginning to suspect that something is not too right with my Legend.

Upvote 0
User dictionary should be there under the tutorial. There's probably an application you could download to manage it, but really you shouldn't need to.

What software version is your phone running?

Have a look and see what version you are running under settings > about phone. Whilst you are there might be worth checking to see if there are any updates...

Wouldn't happen to be a Vodafone branded phone would it?

Upvote 0
this how i add in new words. the T9 must be off. then type it. the word u pressed will be appearing where the normally the 'suggested' words for T9 appears. your type word should be in 'orange' background. click on it and a message will appear saying that the word is saved. u can enable back T9 to continue typing ur message. tht how i did it on my Legend

Upvote 0
if u wan to have access to the dictionary user words, then follow the steps to get the default HTC keyboard, although the steps on the web is for voice recognition, u may skip it if wan. what is needed is the keyboard layout, pls download the 'Low Res' version. once downloaded n install on the phone, enable the keyboard and by pressing the 'Menu' button, u will be greeted with loads of settings tht u can play wth. hope this helps.

Add Full Voice to Text To Android Phones Nimbu

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones