1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How to add 'other' calendar

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by merrill77, Nov 13, 2009.

1. merrill77

merrill77 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Using Google Calendar in my browser, I see my own calendar under the "My Calendars" section and a few others I've subscribed to in the "Other Calendars" section. Is there any way to see "other calendars" in the Android Calendar app?

For example, in Android Calendar I can see the "US Holidays calendar", which is not listed under "My Calendars" in Google. But in Android Calendar I cannot add the calendar for my favorite football team - which I subscribed to under "Other Calendars" on Google Calendar.

Make sense?

TIA!
    Chris

Advertisement

2. padro82

padro82 Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    i was unable to sync my subscribed calendars to my android sooo... i went to my NFL team page. downloaded their game calendar (ical format) and i created my own calendar on gcalendar. that's the only way i was able to see those gcalendars on my phone.

3. jimdroid

jimdroid Android Expert

Oct 31, 2009
    SF Bay Area
  4. merrill77

merrill77 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Thanks, that helps. I was able export a sports team calendar from Yahoo in ICS format and import it into Google Calendar - and can now see that on my phone. I'm planning to get my wife an Anroid pohone - so we can have our schedules merged and always handy. I sure hope I'll be able to see and sync her calendar without that process - it would be nearly worthless if those extra steps are required - I'd never convince her it was worth the effort :(