1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to add photos from SD card to the Gallery App (tougher than it sounds)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jbroses, Dec 29, 2012.

1. jbroses

jbroses Lurker

I'm using a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II, stock everything (though I am rooted).

I'm using the Photo Wall live wallpaper, where it flips through images on your homescreen. You can either use the default images, or images you select from the Gallery app.

In the Gallery app, I created a folder (we'll call it "Wall Photos") and added a bunch of photos to it. Let's say there are 50 in there. These were taken with the camera on this phone, or downloaded from Dropbox's backup app. When I go to the Photo Wall live wallpaper, I see the "Wall Photos" folder, with 50 photos in it. I can add these photos with no problems.

I also had some photos on my SD card from my previous phone. I plugged in my phone to my PC and copied these photos from my SD card to the "Wall Photos" folder I found on the phone's internal memory. Let's say there are 50 additional photos from the SD card. The Gallery app now shows 100 photos in the "Wall Photos" folder.

However, when I go to use these photos for the Photo Wall live wallpaper, I select the Gallery app as the source, but the "Wall Photos" folder only has the original 50 photos. I have tried rebooting the phone, copying the photos to a new folder through the gallery app, and copying the photos from my SD card to the general DCIM\Camera folder, and then moving them into the "Wall Photos" folder on my device. Same result.

Any ideas on why this is happening or how to fix it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lcneed

lcneed Android Enthusiast

Have you tried to use the stock "My Files" app to move the pics? Not sure if that would be any better but worth a try.

One way for sure they will show up is to email them to yourself and then save the attachments. It will go automatically to the Download folder. And Download folder shows up in Gallery.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews