• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to adjust media volume without first playing media?

dvdqnoc

Android Enthusiast
Sep 7, 2009
So I noticed that you can't adjust media volume without first playing media. Like you have to, for example, press the play button before pressing rocker volume in order to adjust media volume or else you'll just be adjusting ringer volume.

This is unfortunate since games also use media volume. So if you wonna start up a quick game in a quiet setting, your in trouble if you were listening music before and never turned down/off the media volume.

Unless I'm missing something and there is in fact a way to do it?

No - I know you can adjust it that way, but I are you saying to go Menu > Settings > Sound & Display > MEDIA Volume every single time I wonna change media volume while not playing media? Because I use music and games a lot on my Hero and there are a lot of times I have to turn off the Media volume and doing that each time would be kind of you know

Upvote 0
No - I know you can adjust it that way, but I are you saying to go Menu > Settings > Sound & Display > MEDIA Volume every single time I wonna change media volume while not playing media? Because I use music and games a lot on my Hero and there are a lot of times I have to turn off the Media volume and doing that each time would be kind of you know
So what you want is a short cut to the media volume?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones