1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

how to assign different ringtones to contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by auctioneeral, Dec 17, 2013.

1. auctioneeral

auctioneeral Lurker

how do you go about assigning different ringtones to contacts. I have went into my sms menu and set ringtone for the different contacts and it still does same ringtones on both email and sms.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

Try the free version of LightFlow in the Play Store. It can assign ringtones to different contacts and a lot more (what sound you use as an alert reminder per contact, how often you get reminded, vibration, LED light color, how fast the LED blinks, etc.)

It also works with SMS, etc.

If you like the free version, check out the paid version. The free version is fully functional and not a time-limited trial - it just works with fewer apps than the paid version.

3. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

I'm currently using light flow. For some reason the light still blinks after I check my messages through hangouts.

4. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

Check your clear notification style in LF Settings. Also, I check Pull Down Notification Bar as a catch all for when I have a couple of alerts all at once.

5. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

Yeah... that was already checked.

6. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

Android Settings > Security > Notification Access
    Is LightFlow checked?

Android Settings > Accessibility > Services
    is LightFlow on?

7. Gatman

Gatman Android Enthusiast

It says not to use this setting in 4.3 and above. Have you been using it? I am not, but still have a problem occasionally with the light still flashing on Hangouts. I figured out it clears if I pull up the app from the notification, but if I just run the Hangouts app to get the text it sometimes doesn't clear the notification.

8. auctioneeral

auctioneeral Lurker

welli guess no body as a answer for it. time to switch phones

9. auctioneeral

auctioneeral Lurker

im I missing something on the kit kat. because wife as galaxy s4 running 4.2.2 and I just assign different ringtones to different contacts without a problem.
    so is it the kit kat 4.4.2 the problem.
    also could I install 4.2.2 on the nexus 5.
    so I can assign different ringtones to different contacts.

10. csiemers

csiemers Member

Works for me.

I go into the People app, select a person, then from the menu select Set Ringtone.

kylecummins likes this.
  11. kylecummins

kylecummins Android Expert

This works for me too.

12. auctioneeral

auctioneeral Lurker

I got it to work. Thanks

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews