• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to auto launch NaviPanel when plugged in?

biggdaniell

Jan 5, 2010
As I said on another post I found something interesting on the product page for the official car holder for Desire:

"If your Desire is not unlocked and it's from any particular operators, then the phone might not come with NaviPanel' software."

Desire is not coming with NaviPanel software (unlocked or not) regardless of firmware version so this could mean that we will get an fw update soon (before 5 July) to include the NaviPanel app.

Until then the folks at xda forums managed to get the app to work with Desire and they even modded it to work with brut maps instead of maps.

Since the official car holder is scheduled for launch after a month and a half from now and is going to cost TWICE as much as the Nexus official car holder I'm wondering if it is possible to make any regular charger to trigger the auto launch feature??

Maybe, but this will work every time I'm charging the phone (not only in the car) so it's not a solution. I was hoping someone knows how the phone makes the difference between wall charger and car charger.

Try this
Power Plug In Mode - Tasker Wiki

It sets up a menu for when u plug in. You choose car mode, night mode, whatever.
You will have to edit the tasks inside of tasker, after following the wiki, to load Navigator or whatever navipanel calls itself. This would work also for something like Vlingo Incar or whatever you want to use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones