• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to automatically download e-mails?

Biffos

Android Enthusiast
May 23, 2013
How could I download / edit e-mails the same way I can do with e.g. Tunderbird on Windows? So an app automatically shall look for (new) e-mails and automatically download them, and composing e-mails should be possible also and to send them like it can be done with e.g. Thunderbird.

Sorry for my bad expression.

With e.g. Thunderbird or Outolook (Microsoft Windows) you can download your e-mails automatically (without to have to go to your own account and check manually) check if there are new e-mails, download them if there are, you can write e-mails with these programs and a lot more. So I am wondering, is there a program / app that does the same for Android.

Upvote 0
Or you could use gmail and merge your other accounts with it.
I have some different accounts, freenet, web.de and the ones of the provider I have my Websites, I assume it would be a big effort to make the work, but I just may would use one or two of those accounts then.

Thanks for the link.

What's your device?
Samsung Galaxy S6102 Duos.

I have such an account at googlemail.com, I assume that is called Gmail.

The Gmail app is also able to do this if you are using a Gmail account.
Good, I have not seen this option yet, but I guess I will find it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones