1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to automatically download e-mails?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Biffos, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Biffos

Biffos Well-Known Member

How could I download / edit e-mails the same way I can do with e.g. Tunderbird on Windows? So an app automatically shall look for (new) e-mails and automatically download them, and composing e-mails should be possible also and to send them like it can be done with e.g. Thunderbird.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Not sure I understand what you are looking for, as gmail does those things correct?
    I don't use Thunderbird sorry, so I am not clear about your question :)

3. Biffos

Biffos Well-Known Member

Sorry for my bad expression.

With e.g. Thunderbird or Outolook (Microsoft Windows) you can download your e-mails automatically (without to have to go to your own account and check manually) check if there are new e-mails, download them if there are, you can write e-mails with these programs and a lot more. So I am wondering, is there a program / app that does the same for Android.

4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Download Birdiesync for thunderbird from the Play Store. I'd post you a link but I'm posting this from my S2. There is no Thunderbird add-on for the Firefox browser for android.

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

The email app on Android already does this. It alerts me on new mail automatically, and I can write email on it as well. What's the problem with the email app exactly?

Crashdamage likes this.
  6. Biffos

Biffos Well-Known Member

Thanky you dontpanicbobby,

I will have a look at it.

Thanks chanchan05,

I would not say, a problem, I did not know that app, respectively that I have this app, what is the name of it?

7. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Or you could use gmail and merge your other accounts with it. Once merged with gmail you'll receive those emails automatically on your device in the gmail app and be able to reply with gmail using those accounts addresses. The Small Business Chronicle has a good setup guide here How to Combine Email Accounts to Gmail | Chron.com

8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

What's your device? On both my phone and Tab its just called Email. The Gmail app is also able to do this if you are using a Gmail account.

9. Biffos

Biffos Well-Known Member

I have some different accounts, freenet, web.de and the ones of the provider I have my Websites, I assume it would be a big effort to make the work, but I just may would use one or two of those accounts then.

Thanks for the link.

Samsung Galaxy S6102 Duos.

I have such an account at googlemail.com, I assume that is called Gmail.

Good, I have not seen this option yet, but I guess I will find it.

10. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

On your device, open the app drawer, there should be an app there called Email. It may look like a white envelope with a red wax seal, or an open white envelope with a yellow seal. Using that app, I have a Gmail, Hotmail, and Ovimail account set.

Crashdamage and Mikestony like this.
  11. Biffos

Biffos Well-Known Member

Ah, of course, there it is, I hadn' t taken notice of it, do not know why. I try it out. Thank you.