• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to back up game progress for Factory Reset

Rummaged

Dec 18, 2011
Hello All,

My phone recently updated to ICS and it hasn't been that great ever since - really laggy, and the battery seems to drain out much faster. I've read that a factory reset would help so I'm thinking of giving it a try.

I know it seems trivial, but the one thing I don't want to lose is my game progress and data such as level unlocks, high scores etc... How can I back this up?

Also - Is it better to just go through the normal OTA update or should I download and install the RUU right after I do the reset before doing any of the OTAs?

Thank you all for your help.

Thanks for your response.

Once the factory reset is complete is it better to to install the RUU file I read about in the other thread, or just go through the normal OTA process?

As to my original problem I just got a Nexus 7 and I'm going to try and sync my app data between the two devices to ensure that one of them has my progress. I'm not sure how to do this yet although I did find this DataSync application:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wyLDEsImNvbS5xdWludHN0b2ZmZXJzLkRhdGFTeW5jIl0.

The problem is that neither of my devices are rooted so it will be a process.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones