1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to back up game progress for Factory Reset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rummaged, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Rummaged

Rummaged Newbie

Hello All,

My phone recently updated to ICS and it hasn't been that great ever since - really laggy, and the battery seems to drain out much faster. I've read that a factory reset would help so I'm thinking of giving it a try.

I know it seems trivial, but the one thing I don't want to lose is my game progress and data such as level unlocks, high scores etc... How can I back this up?

Also - Is it better to just go through the normal OTA update or should I download and install the RUU right after I do the reset before doing any of the OTAs?

Thank you all for your help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dmark44

Dmark44 Member

I read elsewhere in the forums that with ICS you can go to Settings ==> Privacy and make sure "Remember my settings" and "Automatically Restore" are checked.

If they are then supposedly your app data is backed up including games. You may want to research this to confirm before performing a reset.

3. Rummaged

Rummaged Newbie

Thanks for your response.

Once the factory reset is complete is it better to to install the RUU file I read about in the other thread, or just go through the normal OTA process?

As to my original problem I just got a Nexus 7 and I'm going to try and sync my app data between the two devices to ensure that one of them has my progress. I'm not sure how to do this yet although I did find this DataSync application:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wyLDEsImNvbS5xdWludHN0b2ZmZXJzLkRhdGFTeW5jIl0.

The problem is that neither of my devices are rooted so it will be a process.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews