1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General How to backup data? (Non-root)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MinaGlaca, Jan 11, 2014.

1. MinaGlaca

MinaGlaca Lurker
    None

Jan 10, 2014
    So I have a Galaxy S4, SGH-I337, MF3 build. It is not rooted. How do I backup all of my data to a computer or SD card? I would like to backup game data as well (in this case Puzzle and Dragons).

Sorry if I posted in the wrong place, I am new to both Android phones and this forum. Thank you very much.

Advertisement

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven OK Google

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
  3. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    As EarlyMon said, that's an SD card backup, not an app/data backup. Try Helium (used to be called Carbon - you'll see a reference to it in that thread) for backing up app (and game) data. If you're not rooted you have to download a little program to your PC that enables Helium. To back up the apps themselves (create apk files), I use App Backup and Restore, but there are a lot of free app backup apps.

Just remember, the backup is to the extrnal SD card. If the phone is stolen, so is the card. Copy the backup(s) to your computer - AND to cloud storage. (If your house burns down and your laptop and phone both get destroyed, the insurance company will buy you new hardware, but they can't buy you new data.) Keep your passwords in a safe password program, also in cloud storage, and use a password you'll remember to get into that program.