1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

how to best set up accounts (for calendar and contacts)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrcoyote, Aug 28, 2010.

1. mrcoyote

mrcoyote New Member

Aug 28, 2010
    I picked up the HTC Desire a week ago, and so far so good.. I'm missing a few things I got used to on a Blackberry, but over all, enjoy this much better.

However... when the phone first asked for google account info, I plugged in "account1" info - this account1 has all my calendar info (google calendar) contacts and the bulk of my email (with tons of spam & newsletters etc - not really important to have on my phone).

"account2" is my "professional" email account - I don't use the calendar on this account, just email.

"account3" is my "alter ego" email account (a "ghost writer" account)... email only here.

Anyway - I setup the phone with account1 using gmail, account2 using gmail and account3 in gmail - but then added it to the regular 'mail' account.

My "main" problem is the calendar is using "account2" information - and since I don't use account2 on google calendar, it's blank. Well, I can add "account1" when using the calendar app, but don't get the reminders and can't delete and modify entries. Also, my contacts I want saved into "account1" where all my contacts currently are.

How can I make my google "account1" as the primary for calendars and contacts? Or should I move "account2" to a regular "mail" account? (that was how I ran it on blackberry - I never used the gmail app on that platform).

suggestions are appreciated!!

Advertisement

Tags: