• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to block sms to line phone?

YossiN

Jan 5, 2014
sometimes, when I get a call & can't answer- I send quick response like "I'll call you back"
but, sometimes the call is from line phone and than
  1. the sms doesn't reach the other side
  2. my cell company charges me extra for sms to line phone
is there a way to tell android (5 or 6) not to send messages to phone numbers that start with 0x or send messages only to numbers that start with 0y?

thanks

I suggest you quit trying to reply to missed calls.
and especially if you have an app that is doing an Auto Reply to a missed call, get rid of that.

If people don't reach you, they know you will see their number in the Call Log.
That is good enough.... if you call them back, okay. IF you don't call them back, that is okay too.

Life moves on.

And, you can do a lot to fix this yourself, by going thru your contact list and editing it and marking the phone number as "mobile", "home", "work", etc..... once you do that, SMS will NOT send any messages to a number that is not a "mobile" number.

I know that Textra won't for sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones