1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to buy apps without a phone...

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Fredsone, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Fredsone

Fredsone Lurker

HI
    I am another first time Android user with a Zen Touch 2.
    Does anyone know how to get apps like Firefox, Documents to go, PowerAMP etc etc when the Zen Touch 2 isn't a phone. That is, I only have wifi which makes it is a problem getting access to the sites like Amazon, D3 etc app stores. I need to be able to purchase the app via the computer/internet and then load it to the Touch 2.

When it comes to the Android revolution I am enthusiastic, the ability to build a software (app) configuration in a portable device is way way overdue.
    For a long time I have been annoyed by the fact that if I wanted to buy something with above average hardware specs I would be lumbered with a lot of soft/firmware I don't want and/or cant use while not getting all the stuff I desire.

So now I have taken a tentative step with a Zen Touch 2 and get to try out the whole Android/apps phenomena. Lets see what happens ;)

BBuuutt how to get the apps....

Got any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Fred.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

You need to get connected to the internet. Its not possible to download the APK files from the market to your PC. Just look for a wifi hotspot somewhere.

Fredsone likes this.