• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to bypass pattern lock

zeldor

Nov 24, 2009
so I searched for this and didnt find any mention so thought I would ask here.

so I have pattern lock turned on, and it seems to work fine.
However last night as I went to bed I dropped my droid into the clock dock
and it first brought up the unlock screen and then the clock came on.
I thought that looked weird so I took the thing out of the dock and
it went to the home screen.

I pushed the top button and the screen went off like always, push again
and it came up wanting me to enter pattern to unlock. push the button again
without unlocking and it went blank. dropped back into the dock and it
unlocked itself and went to the dock screen.

so it seems a nice little magnet is all that is needed to unlock a pattern
locked phone.

I just tried it with magnets and it does bring up the dock screen without having to unlock it but you can't do anything. The menu button just brings up weather settings and if you push the home button, you have to use the unlock screen. So I guess someone could steal the phone and use it for a clock radio but they can't get to your files, unless I'm missing something.

Upvote 0
when I pulled it out of the dock it went to the home screen all unlocked and alive.

but maybe its just my phone going wonky.

I just tried it with magnets and it does bring up the dock screen without having to unlock it but you can't do anything. The menu button just brings up weather settings and if you push the home button, you have to use the unlock screen. So I guess someone could steal the phone and use it for a clock radio but they can't get to your files, unless I'm missing something.

Upvote 0
ok so I see what is going on here. yes it was bypassing the pattern lock from the dock.
But the underlying issue was at some point I had gotten the "pattern" to be nothing.
It would always bring up the pattern dots but no matter what I pattern I enter
it would always unlock. Not sure how I got that there but I do change the pattern offen and must have just messed up once. But with an actual pattern it doesnt bypass.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones