• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to change aspect ratio of screen

I am trying to change the aspect ratio of my phone's screen, presumably by changing the resolution, to achieve the result shown in the image.

DYOWQ.jpg

I am not trying to just change the resolution without changing the screen size as you would with an app such as 'nomone resolution changer'

I am not trying to hide the top and bottom of the screen as you would with an app such as 'notch hider'

I am not trying to just move the icons on screen as you would with 'adb overscan'

I want the device to behave as if those areas of the screen are not there at all, so they just stay black all the time

I know this will require root so bring on the root solutions

Thanks in advance

If you're wondering how to change the aspect ratio of your screen, this article will help you find the answer. Sometimes, a source device has an option to automatically adjust the image size. This can be a cable box, DVD & Blu Ray Player, or an older gaming system. Regardless of the source device, there are several ways to adjust the aspect ratio. To get started, first open the Display option in Proclaim's settings menu.

Aspect ratio, or the proportion between the height and width of a screen, describes the way an image appears on a computer screen. In other words, a higher aspect ratio means a wider screen. For example, if you have a 16:9 aspect ratio, you will be able to view an image with better quality. To change the aspect ratio of your screen, simply right-click the display's resolution and choose a preset aspect ratio.

You can also change the aspect ratio of YouTube videos. The aspect ratio settings on YouTube allow you to change the aspect ratio of a video to any of the following: 16:9, 9:16, 4:1, or 3:4. Changing the aspect ratio of your video player allows you to view the content in a way that looks better on your screen. Changing the aspect ratio will also fix any black bars that appear on the sides of your screen.

Some video sources are only available in 16:9 format. For example, HD cable movies have 16:9 aspect ratio. These sources will have bars on the top and bottom. To change the aspect ratio of a movie, right-click the video and choose the Details tab. You can then change the aspect ratio of the movie while preserving the original picture. However, this isn't as straightforward as it sounds. For best results, consider the video source you're using and choose the option you prefer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones