1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

how to change boot sound

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by theisonews, Aug 10, 2012.

1. theisonews

theisonews Android Enthusiast

Hi. i changed my boot animation. but how do i add bootsound to the custome nexus theme i installed on my esteem?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

you would first need to go get ringtone maker from the play store and also tone picker once you have those you would need a root explorer

3. theisonews

theisonews Android Enthusiast

brain. im not sure you are correct. i think i have to push my mp3 file to a certain folder but which one?

4. BRAINZ2013

For the LG Esteem:

To rename or replace with your own custom sound the boot up mp3 file "MetroPCS...hello...hello...Wireless for all"

1. Root

2. Have Root Explorer. When you run Root Explorer, make sure you "allow" it superuser permissions. Enable R/W so you can make changes.

3. Go to /system/sounds/power/MetroPCS_PowerOn.mp3. < That is the location of the annoying sound file.

4. Rename or delete. It will disable the MetroPCS Startup sound.

Just by renaming that file, then you will have silence at bootup. You don't have to replace the mp3 file with anything. The animation will still show, but there won't be sound clip playing while the phone is booting up. Nobody needs to know your business.

5. Or to put your own choice of audio file in its place, you have to move an MP3 file to the same location NAMED EXACTLY: MetroPCS_PowerOn.mp3

==========

What I did was rather than just deleting the "MetroPCS_PowerOn.mp"3 file, I replaced it with a 1 second silent audio file named the same. Download the 1 second version from here and just re-name it and send it to yourself, then place it in the correct folder.

Magic's Place - Minidisc Downloads

hutch3598, reddarin and biggoog like this.
  5. BRAINZ2013

well flash this through cwm and then change to what u want

Attached Files:

6. hutch3598

hutch3598 Lurker

thank u was giving me a hard time 2 change sound until i read yer post and just 2 let people no linux is case sensitive

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews