• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to change colour tone (RGB) of display on Android 11?

Sunny Rio

Android Enthusiast
  • Dec 4, 2020
    On my PCs, I can change the colour tone (by adjusting the relative values of R, G, and B on either the monitor, or using the graphics card software). How do I do this on Android 11? My new phone looks a bit yellowy compared to my (cheaper!) old phone. I want more blue and less of the others.

Samsung Galaxy A10. There is no "screen mode" on mine when I follow your instructions.
    Hmmmm well I'm not sure then. I also have an advanced settings and it has RGB settings that I can control as well.

If it's not under display, than that's that. You cant control your screen color. You'll just have to either get used to that or get a different phone.

Upvote 0
    Upvote 0
    That link says "From Settings, tap Display, and then tap Screen mode. Tap Vivid or Natural."

I fail at "screen mode", that doesn't exist.

This is a Samsung Galaxy A10 which came with Android 9 on it, and I upgraded it to 11.
    hmmmm well like i said if it is not there, then it does not have that option. not sure if there is an app for that can change screen color or not.

Upvote 0
    On my s21 you have to select "Vivid" to get the extra controls that @ocnbrze describes. Which to my mind is self-defeating since "vivid" is horribly over-saturated and unnatural (at least to my eyes), and the white balance controls don't fix that. But give it a try, because maybe you will find it better, and it's simple to turn off if not.

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones