1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

how to change email used for market

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ian123, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Ian123

Ian123 New Member

Jun 26, 2010
    i just bought a used HTC hero and when i go to the market it is showing a gmail address for the previous owner. i cant figure out how to change it to my own. i already set up my email account and its working fine i just cant get in the market because i dont know the guys password. how do i switch it to mine? thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. Drazil

Drazil Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Try going into settings > applications > manage and clear the cache from the google app.

3. Ian123

Ian123 New Member

Jun 26, 2010
    i ended up just erasing everything from the phone so im good now but thanks for the reply

4. DHAndroid

DHAndroid Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Its the only way..Be sure the first email address entered on the phone is the one you want to use for the Market & Google Chat

5. treelover3

treelover3 Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Male
    Minnesota
    I have an ATRIX 2 that was deleting apps any time I rebooted the phone. Finally had to talk to Motorola and the guy said I had to wipe the phone and create a new Google account because he said it might be the Google account that's causing the problem.

It looks like he is right, but I have a bunch of paid apps on my old Gmail email address that I'd like to get moved to my phone with my new Gmail email address. I certainly don't want to have to repurchase everything again.

There has to be a way to change the email address used in the market to allow this.
    Anyone???
    Thanks,
    tl

6. Android1993

Android1993 Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011

Tags: