1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support How to change GMail account on Eris

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wicked1, Jan 24, 2010.

1. wicked1

wicked1 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    I bought an Eris for my son, but he didnt have a GMail account setup so we setup mine, now he has one and we want to switch but I can not figure out how this is done, if you can help I would appreciate it.

Advertisement

2. Ryobi

Jan 24, 2010
    NY
    menu, settings, applications, manage applications, gmail, clear data. Reboot. Should work, it did for me.

3. joshminton

joshminton Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    i didnt see the reboot part, so i erased data on Gmail and Gmail storage, then rebooted. nothing.

4. gtpdjw

gtpdjw Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Machine operator
    Kettering Ohio
    go to your gmail account open it to your inbox tap menu>more>settings>account settings> change it to your new gmail

5. SUPERSPORT

SUPERSPORT Active Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Maybe above is old, there is no "more". Nothing under settings about password.

Anyone know current way of doing this on phone? Also, is there a password recovery if you forget or is it just a reset?

6. doogald

doogald Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    I know of no other way besides a factory reset. You can add a second gmail account, but the phone's market account remains tied to the Google account to which it was set up.

Password recovery? If this is a gmail account, you can start the log in process on a PC browser with your gmail account and there is a password recovery process that you can go through, but it is pretty thorough. This may be true for non-gmail Google accounts, though I've never tried.