• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to change Gmail notifcation/syn frequency?

There is no option in the gmail app to set frequency, is this because its a "push" app? If so, that would mean the sync is not really syncing, its pushing, like SMS. So I think I'm getting alerts in my notification bar as soo as an email arrives in my inbox.

Would I be right in thinking "push" email would take up about the same battery as receiving a SMS would?

Upvote 0
There is no option in the gmail app to set frequency, is this because its a "push" app? If so, that would mean the sync is not really syncing, its pushing, like SMS. So I think I'm getting alerts in my notification bar as soo as an email arrives in my inbox.

Would I be right in thinking "push" email would take up about the same battery as receiving a SMS would?
You're correct about push and battery usage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones