• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How To Change Icon Image

I have a Samsung tablet, running Android and I had a catastrophe earlier where I accidentally deleted the Nova Launcher settings and lost all my iHome pages.

I have spent the afternoon recreating the various pages, but, the one thing I cannot work out is how to change the image for each of the various shortcuts I have on the pages. I know it can be done as I have done it in the past, but, cannot for the life of me remember how!

The shortcuts have been created by going in to Chrome, finding the right website and then clicking "Add to Home Screen".

I have the Icon images already would be really grateful if somebody could point me at a suitable App I can use to change the image for shortcuts.

Thanks

I don't use Nova [I preferred ADW when looking for a launcher], but can't you just long-press on it and then change its icon? That's what I do with ADW.

Also, I highly recommend doing a backup of your settings once you're happy with them again. I'm assuming Nova has that ability, as ADW does. Makes it a snap to restore sanity after a mishap, or when moving to a new device, as I did recently.

Upvote 0
I don't use Nova [I preferred ADW when looking for a launcher], but can't you just long-press on it and then change its icon? That's what I do with ADW.

Also, I highly recommend doing a backup of your settings once you're happy with them again. I'm assuming Nova has that ability, as ADW does. Makes it a snap to restore sanity after a mishap, or when moving to a new device, as I did recently.

Ah ha....that put me on the right track!

When you do the long press then you get the option to edit, but, it looked like you could just change the text. What I didn't realise was that you can press on the image and then you can pick a new one!

Very happy now and thanks! :D

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones