• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to Change Icons for Apps and Folders

Smartphone

Jan 28, 2010
I guess that CM has me spoiled. I am really trying to stick with ICS to see if I can get used to it after using many different launchers in the past. I have tried to figure out in ICS how to change the icon for either and app or a folder. Has anyone figured this out without changing the launcher?

I guess that CM has me spoiled. I am really trying to stick with ICS to see if I can get used to it after using many different launchers in the past. I have tried to figure out in ICS how to change the icon for either and app or a folder. Has anyone figured this out without changing the launcher?

this is not possible unless you are rooted or using a 3rd part app.

Upvote 0
I recommend that ICS provide a way to do this. If the launchers can allow this to easily happen then I think that ICS should get this in the next update!

Google- give us this option in your OS. I am really trying to stick with what you gave us but I guess I will be downloading and using ADW until you get this function in an update. I would think that most everyone would want to choose their icons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones