• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to change image right before bootanimation?

How does one go about changing the image that appears before the bootanimation?

See im running MiRiGae cm7.2 and and wanted to change the green android that appears to the basic lg logo like on the original cm7 for th ov.

Thanks in advance :)

I wanted to change that when i was running backside rom, i had the Jimmy Hendricks bootanimation but still had the green android Guy bending over to show his backside. Well i went to DHOT and asked that very question, i was told by brotherswing or Gerkhaul that it would take some doing to get rid of it. Even by the dev of the rom, that it is not an easy task, you'll probably have to live with it.

Reactions: BIONICLE38
Upvote 0
I wanted to change that when i was running backside rom, i had the Jimmy Hendricks bootanimation but still had the green android Guy bending over to show his backside. Well i went to DHOT and asked that very question, i was told by brotherswing or Gerkhaul that it would take some doing to get rid of it. Even by the dev of the rom, that it is not an easy task, you'll probably have to live with it.

Shoot, I'll just leave it be.

Thanks though.

Upvote 0
yep, flashable zips simplify things immensely.
it's a PITA to split the boot.img, decompress the ramdisk, change it, recompress it, and recombine the boot.img, that's why the devs said it's too much trouble.
You almost need linux to do it, unless you've got a window$ system hopped up beyond belief with cygwin and linux tools. I doubt micro$oft would even admit to knowing what .gz compression is!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones