• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to change kernel?

So I fixed my issues for the most part, however I want to install a new kernal because my current (2.6.35.7-g8f2a88c-dirty atinm@wolverine#1) won't let me go past 1ghz. I installed Glitch V11, moved to SD card and renamed to update (it shows as update.zip). I then reboot into recovery clear cache and install zip from flash...it does some whitch craft and reboots. When I check to see what kernal I have it's still wolverine, what am I doing wrong?

Well i sorted the kernal and I'm now running glitch@1.4Ghz and I figured out my missing apps was from installing blue steel theme, so I restored back so everything is there again. I'm running ADW ex, do you think that had something to do with the theme failing and messing with my apps, I want to use the theme but not if its going to mess things up.

Also what do I have to have/not have to have blue steel run properly; sorry for all these questions and what not I am very new to rooting, roms ect. phones are my 3rd hobby aside from cars and well school lol

Upvote 0
Well i sorted the kernal and I'm now running glitch@1.4Ghz and I figured out my missing apps was from installing blue steel theme, so I restored back so everything is there again. I'm running ADW ex, do you think that had something to do with the theme failing and messing with my apps, I want to use the theme but not if its going to mess things up.

Also what do I have to have/not have to have blue steel run properly; sorry for all these questions and what not I am very new to rooting, roms ect. phones are my 3rd hobby aside from cars and well school lol

I honestly don't know because I have never used CM7. I'm on Mosaic VI and in order to flash a theme, I had to remove add-ons like alternate battery in notification bar, custom boot-animation, etc... in order for the theme to work. It might be the same for you, it might not. As far as the launcher goes, I doubt that it cause problems, but I could be wrong. Are you on stock CM7 or do have some add-ons?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones