1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

How to change location on Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmilacek, Jan 3, 2010.

1. jmilacek

jmilacek Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Hello,

I downloaded NBA League Pass Mobile because I am in Dayton, OH and Cavaliers games are rarely shown on Dayton's FSN. However, I've come to find out that this is a blackout area for League Pass. Does anyone know of a way to change the Droid's location so that League Pass thinks I am in a different city? I see there is a way on the iPhone, but I can't find anything for the Droid.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. jmilacek

jmilacek Member

Nov 28, 2009
  3. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Male
    I'm in a similar boat. I'm usually at work when my Laker games are on, so I miss most of my games. I think I saw a location spoofing app before but I can't find it now.

However, I tried the app regardless and found some major hindrances:

1) wouldn't run at all over 3G

2) streaming was very slow and often interrupted for buffering every 5-10 seconds when watching anything over WiFi

Even if I could get around the blackouts, the rest of the app is just too limited to warrant $40 for half a season of basketball. Maybe next year I'll give it a second look.

4. Saralikesyarr

Saralikesyarr New Member

Aug 28, 2011
    I too want to know this.
    I think this would be a geolocation hack.
    Some kindof root hack to spoof the phone into thinking you are at a different lattitude and longitude.

This would be great, as some radio apps are locations specific, and the stations where I currently live suck, I want to listen to my old stations where I used to live.

If somebody made a little app for this, with an on/off setting and ways to have several different custom presets, that would be great.

Kudos to anyone who will do this, I don't have the coding ability.

Thanks guys!