• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to change notification ding (FB messenger) on droid maxx?

lgbalfa

Aug 15, 2010
new york, ny
i know how to change the notification sound whenever i receive a notification on FB (someone commenting on a comment that i commented on in a pic, etc....) but how do you change the notification sound on the FB messenger app when someone leaves you a message? it leaves an annoying ding. before the notification sound was the same as the the other one but now they are different and i can't figure out how to change it on my droid maxx.

please help.

thanks

I never used this app before, but there is a gear icon top right on the app, which you tap, and from there tap notifications and there is a rich set of controls for notifications for the app. Interestingly enough, you can turn notifications off, but only for a finite period - 24 hours is the longest time.

I've already uninstalled the app, but if I had it on, I'd just have the tone set to silent (or none) and deal with any notifications from the tray when I had time to look.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones