• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to change number of rings before vm picks up

tmaxey1

Android Enthusiast
Nov 7, 2009
Since this phone takes about 3 rings for us to hear it... is their a way to change how many rings before your voice mail picks up? It seems like sometimes i only have about 2 seconds to answer before the person has been sent to my VM.

Thanks guys

I'm not sure it's 100% network, as opposed to phone. My wife and I are both on Sprint's network. She gets a ring instantaneously on her MotoQ - and will hear 5 or 6 rings before voicemail. On my hero, I don't hear the ring until the 3rd or 4th ring and I only get 1 or 2 before voicemail. Same network, different phones = it must have something to do with the phone.
Just my non-technical two cents.
Pete
This a network setting. I don't believe there is a way to change it. Sorry.

Upvote 0
I agree.. it's something that is making me seriously look at a different phone.. my contract with Verizon is up in 2 months.. at that time I WILL be leaving them for Sprint.. it's just a matter of which phone.. Hero or Moment.. both have their good points.. both have their bad.. However, like you I can't afford to miss calls (I do server support for hospitals).. now if anyone that has rooted their phone and installed one of the custom ROMS call be positive that it no longer lags on ringing.. then I'd have a very easy choice...

who knows... by the time I get out of my contract with Verizon.. they'll have the issue resolved.. until then I'll be lurking here and in the Moment forums..

Upvote 0
There has to be a way. If you look in the contacts, there is an option to send caller directly to voicemail with no rings. If it can be changed to no rings, we should be able to add one or two.

Typically all the No Ring option means is that it's just going to push it to your voicemail once it gets to your physical phone. It will still ring on the callers end while getting the call to your phone.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones