1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to change razor blades

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rgarner, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

Just recently there was a free ecoupon for dollar shave club. For nothing get a razor and extra cartridge. Who wouldn't want that? Of course the idea, I'm sure, is to hook people on buying the extra blades. How the heck do I take the old cartridge off and put on the new one? I have a friend who has wasted I don't know how much money on extras he can't use. Whatever happened to the old resharpenable razors that could last a lifetime?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jhtalisman

jhtalisman Android Enthusiast

There is a push button on the razor handle.

ocnbrze and Rgarner like this.
  3. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

Huh, I haven't seen it. Where is it, on the front or the back? I guess that ejects the old one. How do I install the new cartridge?

4. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

You just push the handle into one of the blades in the plastic case and then pull it out.

I don't know which razor you have but I'd imagine they all work about exactly the same.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. rootabaga

rootabaga Android Expert

^^^That is the exact video I was going to post!

Brian706, ocnbrze and Rgarner like this.
  6. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

Ok, thanks, that looks easy. As soon as I get more cartridges I can put it to the test. It's amazing what there are videos of these days, not just unboxing

Brian706 and ocnbrze like this.
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

They're still commonly available. Just look for "straight razor", "open razor", or "cut-throat razor"
    R-C.jpg

They're often used by professional barbers. Be very careful if you never used one before, because they are called "cut-throat" for a reason! And that's why enclosed blade type razors are often called "safety razors".

Brian706, Rgarner and puppykickr like this.
  8. rootabaga

rootabaga Android Expert

Absolutely no kidding. Just knowing how to put (and maintain!) a proper edge on one is an art unto itself…much less knowing how to use it without nicking yourself to kingdom come! No thanks.

Brian706, mikedt and Rgarner like this.
  9. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

I checked and of course this variety is incompatible with the two fancy schmancies spoken of in the video. Oh well, I tried putting the cartridge on and it was really no big deal. I just have to make sure that I get the right replacements for it. Can you believe some people throw out the handles and extras because they don't know how to do that?

10. Milo Williamson

Milo Williamson Android Expert

Yeah my Dollar Shaving club, I did bought at least two years ago, has a four and six-blade cart, that you just push the button down and change that, it does the job really well. Just push the button just above the blade, be sure to line up the four silver connectors to the blade and then work on it, funny thing I pretty much end up using the push button ones forever ago, I did not grow up on straight razors either, just disposable ones. :) They do a fantastic job for me.

Rgarner likes this.