• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to change SIM for a call?

Biffos

Android Enthusiast
May 23, 2013
When I want to make a call with SIM 2 instaed of SIM 1 I just have to pull down this menu and touch the symbol of SIM 2, then go back and make the call. Is that right? So the call is done with the carrier of SIM 2 then.

And making a call with SIM 1 vice verca.

Is there an easyier / faster way to change the SIMs for a single call?

A Dual SIM mobile phone is one which holds two SIM cards. Initially, dual-SIM adapters were made available to use in regular mobile phones to allow them to contain two SIMs, and to switch from one to the other as required. This combination is called a standby dual-SIM phone. The first Dual SIM mobile phone was Benefon Twin manufactured by Benefon in Finland. It was launched on the market in 2000.
More recently, some phones have been produced that can natively work with two SIMs, both of which may be active at the same time. These are active dual-SIM phones. There are also some Chinese triple-SIM phones.[1]
Dual-SIM operation allows the use of two services without the need to carry two phones at the same time. For example, the same handset can be used for business and private use with separate numbers and bills; or for travel, with an additional SIM for the country visited. Using multiple SIM cards allows the user to take advantage of different pricing plans for calls and text messages to certain destinations as well as mobile data usage.

Read more about it here.
Dual SIM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0
Many thanks for the explanation and the link, LilBit.

And sorry for my bad expression. When I use my phone - Samsung Galaxy S6102 Duos - and I want to switch between these two SIM cards (to make a call with SIM 1 or SIM 2) I just have to pull down this menu and touch the symbol of SIM 2 or 1, then go back and make the call. So the call is done with the carrier of SIM 2 or 1 then. I assume, that is the right way to make calls from the chosen SIM.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones