1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

how to change the earphones button type.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by kishore28, Nov 10, 2011.

1. kishore28

kishore28 Newbie
    None

Nov 2, 2011
    Hello frnds, I own a Galaxy Y and i like to listen to music very often. When i press button on the earphone it turns off or on the music player, but it of no use. How can i make it so that when i press that button on the earphone rather turning off or on it should go to the next song. If we dont like the song we are hearing we need to unlock the phone and should go to music player but doing so is ther any method so that by just pressing the button on the earphone we can go to next song. Please frnds help me for this.

Thanks & Regards,
    R.Kishore

Advertisement

2. KaosStorm

KaosStorm Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 2, 2011
    Male
    Production manager
    Guatemala City
    That mostly has to do with the player app itself and not the phone or earphone.

The stock player (which is the one you're using, I assume) only pauses the song; you would need to get another music app from the market (DoubleTwist, Winamp, PowerAMP and PlayerPro come to mind) that allow you to set the behavior of the button.

The options vary between players, but most of them have the ' double press for back, triple press for forward' or, in some cases, long press for forward-only.